Thursday, October 14, 2010

Jacob's Potty Chart

This week we have started the potty chart for Jacob. His 2 year birthday was on September 6th, 2010 and I figured it would be a good time to start training him before he hits the terrible two's. I haven't read a single book or article about potty training because I figured I know my son better than any author out there.

What I decided to try was a really simple potty chart with stickers. I know how much he loves stickers and stamps at school for rewards so I thought what better way than to reward him for using the potty. Now let me back up a moment. Jacob isn't really aware of when he is going potty. He doesn't care and then runs away when we try to change him. By the way he hates getting his diaper changed. So I figured why not start off really simple and reward him every time he tells mommy and daddy that he has already gone and he gets a sticker. Really simple here folks. So we will do this for 30 days and see how it goes. I am fully aware that there are going to be many times we forget to remind him to tell us, but at least it's a start.

Then after 30 days we will institute the big potty chart. He will then have to tell us when he has to go potty. During this time we will teach him to use the actual toilet seat in his bathroom. Again if he does tell us he gets another sticker for everytime. I am crossing my fingers that this works.

Does anyone else have any advice for potty training?

No comments: