Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Busy Summer

This has been one of the most enjoyable summers I have had in a long time. For one thing, Jacob has gotten older and is so much fun to hang out with outside or at the pool. He is at such an age that he gets so tickled at the simpliest things. Vince and I have taken him to our neighborhood pool a few times and he absolutely is in love with the kid's pool area and slides. I think he would go up and down the water slides all day long if we let him. He just cracks me up. I definetly think the swimming lessons have been helping.

Another reason that summer has been busy is that I have joined a monthly Bunco group with a bunch of my girlfriends. It has been so much fun. I really do look forward to getting together with other mommies, taking a break and gossiping about nothing. It also helps that we always have yummy food and beverages every time. It also means that Jacob gets to have special "Daddy Time," no mommy around to keep the boys in line.

Vince has been busy with his triathlon that he plans to enter in August. He usually bikes around 25-45 miles every Saturday morning with my dad on the Trinity River. Then throughout the week he trains by himself at the gym with swimming and running. THis will be his first tralthlon and I think he is going to do great. He will also be entering in some other races like the Hotter than Hell in Wichita Falls, where he will be biking for about 60 miles in the Texas heat and sun. Good Luck. I know I couldn't do it. But this something that he has always wanted to do.

This is also the summer that Vince will get to go to New Mexico with my parents for a fishing trip. He is definetly an outdoors man. This is one trip I don't go on because fishing and camping are just not my idea of a summer vacation. But he enjoys and I fully support him.

Well that's about all we have been up too, other than the usual hussle and bussle of a family of three. As Jacob gets older I know the summers are going to get busier and busier, but I enjoy it.

No comments: